A highly functional and compact model fitted with a 2.0-inch color LCD and a range of scanning functions
- Improved scanning of narrow (low height) barcodes
- Ability to scan faded or dirty barcodes
- Scanner key layout positioned for optimal work use
- High-level shock and superior environmental resistance
- Built-in high capacity memory and support for high-speed communications
Improved scanning of narrow (low height) barcodes
Even with low height barcodes, scanning operability has been improved with automated scanning of the area around the guide marker.
Batch scanning of 2-row barcodes
Work efficiency has been improved by enabling the batch scanning of 2-row barcodes.
Improved scanning for faded or dirty barcodes
A scanning algorithm that is resistant to faded or dirty barcodes has been developed to bring further improvements to scanning performance for poorly-printed barcodes.
Support for RSS scanning
As well as conventional barcodes, RSS(GS1-DataBar) scanning is also supported.
Built-in BHT Photo color image scanning function (Optional function)
Size and image quality can be selected from three types depending on the intended use. Up to nine patterns for saving files can be selected.
Key layout that is conducive to work use
- The M1, M2, ENT and BS/C keys are placed where they can be easily pressed.
- Settings to adjust the volume level or switch the vibrating function ON or OFF can be called up with ease using the MENU key.
- The resin key tops have a high-grade feel and offer superior durability, eliminating worries over keys falling out or worn-off key labels.
Fitted with the latest color LCD
- Built-in high-resolution color QVGA LCD achieves outstanding readability.
- Improved work efficiency with the color display of warning indicators and important items.
- Enables a host of character display options, including reverse-highlighting, fold type and double-sized characters.
- A variety of character sizes from small to large can be selected, delivering clearly-rendered characters.
High-level shock resistance
Achieves a high level of drop resistance (to a concrete surface from 1.5m) to meet the demands of actual operation using the technology we’ve acquired as a pioneer in barcode handy terminals.
Superior environmental resistance
Achieves an IEC international standard protection rating of IP54 (equivalent to the JIS Splash Proof rating), which keeps dust and water from entering.
Built-in high capacity memory and support for high-speed communications
- Equipped with a high capacity of up to 16 MB of memory (8 MB for the BHT-503B), which allows over 100,000 records (100 bytes per record) to be registered in the case of master data.
- A high-speed communication mode is equipped as standard, allowing large master data files to be sent quickly. The file compression function speeds up execution speed even more!
- A 1 MB master file (approx. 430 KB after compression) could be transferred in approximately 15 seconds.
Application for clothing businesses at the point-of-sale
A smart design that is well suited to in-store work in the clothing sales and the like, the model can be hung from the neck or kept in a pocket, offering freedom of operation.
Picking applications in distribution warehouses
Perfect for picking work such as in a distribution warehouse. With a sturdy body that combines both toughness with a compact and lightweight design, users can go at even hard work with full strength.
Supports the IEEE802.11 b/g wireless LAN standard (BHT-504BW)
- With IEEE802.11g support, high-speed wireless communications of up to 54 Mbps (wireless section) are achieved.
- Backward compatibility with IEE802.11b in previous models means that a mixed deployment of models is possible.
- Communication with portable printers is also possible through ad-hoc mode.
Can also be equipped with the BHT Browser web browser (optional function)
Allows salespersons to go straight to sites from home, and return home directly – Data can be transmitted from home using a modem.
Supports three types of interface - RS232C, USB and LAN communication
|Memory (1)||5MB (User area appox. 2.2MB)||9MB (User area appox. 5.8MB)||9MB (User area appox. 5.8MB)||9MB (User area appox. 5.3MB)||BHT-303BWB|
|Display||Display device||Liquid crystal dot matrix display (Monochrome)|
|Size||132 × 72 dots|
|Character type||Alphanumeric & Katakana||22 cha. × 9 lines|
|Kanji characters (standard)||8 cha. × 4 lines|
|Kanji characters (small)||11 cha. × 6 lines|
|Scanner||Scanning system||Advanced Scan (CCD)|
|Scanning area||420 mm max. (with a distance of 400 mm from label)|
|Readable codes||EAN-13/8 (JAN-13/-8), UPC-A/-E, UPC/EAN with add-on codes, Interleaved 2 of 5 CODABAR (NW-7), CODE39, CODE93, CODE128 (EAN-128), Standard 2 of 5, MSI code||EAN-13/-8 (JAN-13/-8), UPC-A/-E, UPC/EAN with add-on codes, Interleaved 2 of 5, CODABAR(NW-7), CODE39, CODE93, CODE128 (EAN-128), Standard 2 of 5|
|Reading confirmation||2-color LED (red green), buzzer, vibrator|
|Keyboard||Number of keys||26 keys (incl, Power switch) + 2 trigger keys|
|Communications||Optical I/F||Communication system||Infrared (IrDA-SIR Ver.1.2 [Low Power] compliant)|
|Communication speed||115.2kbps MAX.|
|Transmission distance (2)||-||-||Indoors: Approx. 75m, Outdoors: Approx. 200m||Indoors: Approx. 75m, Outdoors: Approx. 150m|
|Modulation method||-||-||Spread spectrum method (Direct sequence spread)||Spread spectrum method (Direct sequence spread)|
|Communication speed (2)||-||-||11/5.5/2/1Mbps (Automatic switching)||11/5.5/2/1Mbps (Automatic switching)|
|Security||-||-||Refer to attached sheet.||Refer to attached sheet.|
|Bluetooth||-||Bluetooth Ver1.2 Compliant Class2||-||Bluetooth Ver1.2 Compliant Class2|
|Connector I/F||RS-232C (115.2kbps MAX.)|
|Power supply||Main power||Lithium-ion battery cartridge|
|Operation hours (3)||-||Approx 135 hours (4)||Approx 135 hours (5)|
|Approx 40 hours (6)(7)||Approx 34 hours (8)(10)||Approx 15 hours (9)|
|Auxiliary functions||Calendar clock, Buzzer, Vibration, Resume, Low-battery indication, Remote wake-up|
|Environment Requirements||Drip-proof||-5°C to 50°C|
|Drip-proof||IP54 (Dust proof / Splash proof type)||IP54 (Equivalent to JIS splash proof type)|
|Shock Resistance (11)||1.5m (30 times on a concrete floor)|
|Weight||Approx. 230g||Approx. 250g||Approx. 240g||Approx. 260g|
- User area contains a font file domain (approx. 400KB).
- Communication speed and transmission distance are theoretical values, and may vary according to actual environmental conditions.
- Operating hours may vary according to operating conditions.
- In the case of 2 times reading / 10 seconds.
- In the case of 2 times reading / 10 seconds, without wireless communications.
- In the case of Reading : Wireless communication : Screen rewriting : Standby = 1:1:1:20.
- Wireless device turns ON only during communication, otherwise it turns OFF.
- 1 cycle of 30 seconds = Reading (for 1 second), Bluetooth communication, Screen rewriting (for 1 second), and Standby.
- 1 cycle of 30 seconds = Reading (for 1 second), Bluetooth communication (Always-on connection), Wireless communications, Screen rewriting (for 1 second), and Standby. Wireless device turns ON only during communication, otherwise it turns OFF.
- Bluetooth device turns ON only during communication, otherwise it turns OFF.
- Tested value, not guaranteed.
Cradles performing data communications between BHT and host machines with various interfaces.
- CU-501 (RS-232C communication, Main unit charging)
- CU-511 (RS-232C communication, Main unit charging)
- CU-521 (USB communication, Main unit charging)
A lineup of various BHT main unit charging type and backup cartridge charging type devices.
- C-501 Lithium-ion battery charger (Charging time: approx. 3 hours)
- C-551 Main unit charger (Charging time: approx. 3 hours)
Backup batteries for BHTs
- BT-50L (Lithium-ion battery)
Exclusive covers protecting BHT from dirt
- SCBHT-500 (Soft case)
- WHBHT-500 (Belt Holster)
- NSBHT-500 (Neck strap)
- BCBHT-500 (Battery cover)
Connection configuration example
- Hand belt
- Lithium ion battery BT-20L
- Operation guide
- Instructions manual can be downloaded from our technical support site QBdirect.
Related Software Lineup
Basic tool for BHT application development
BHT-BASIC4.0 Development Pack
Software package which is required for the BHT application development
BHT-BASIC4.0 Transfer Utility
Communicating software for performing data communications between BHT and PC
BHT-BASIC4.0 Transfer Utility DLL Pack
DLL (dynamic link library) which can use the development languages, such as Visual Basic and Visual C++, and can use the communication function of a transmission utility
BHT-BASIC4.0 Remote Debugger
Significantly mitigated debugging work of BHT software development
Application software for BHT
BHT Term Emulator
Software for using Wireless BHT as a terminal in the on-line operating system in AS/400, etc. (Only SS wireless model)
Browser software enabling the use of a wireless BHT as a web client in web-based business systems (restrictions depending on model and version)
Software that enables the scanning of color images