Examples of Bar Code Usage
Sales – Portable POS System
- Description: The Portable POS system can read a bar code for sales goods to display merchandise information such as the product name and sales price. Combined with a pocket printer, the system can also issue a receipt.
- Advantages: The portable POS system allows speedy sales operation. As it is portable, POS can be utilized in a vehicle, train, or temporary shop. Sales performance data is processed by the site host for sales analysis.
Merchandise Restocking System
- Description: Have the merchandise restocking device read the bar code for the merchandise to be restocked and enter an ordering quantity. Send the accumulated ordering data to the site host to complete order placement.
- Advantages: The merchandise refill system allows detailed merchandise inventory control.
Merchandise can be accurately and quickly restocked.
- Logistics: Warehouse shipping/receiving control system
Logistics – Warehouse shipping/receiving control system
- Description: The warehouse shipping/receiving control system can read bar codes attached to shipping/receiving products to track and estimate delivery times on the spot.
- Advantages: The warehouse shipping/receiving control system allows real-time delivery status control. Delivery time can be accurately managed.
Package tracking control system
- Description: The package tracking control system can read bar codes of package slips to control delivery status. Data from the delivery destination can even be sent via PHS data communication.
- Advantages: The package tracking control system allows real-time delivery status updates. Delivery time can be accurately managed.
Manufacturing – Operation process control system
- Description: The operation process control system reads bar-coded worker numbers, part numbers, process numbers, etc. before and after operation.
- Advantages: The operation process control system facilitates progress supervision, which leads to quality improvement. Operation hours per process can be analyzed to achieve optimal line allocation.